The left-back from Bogafjell, who has worn the captain’s armband for Bjarne Berntsen’s team in several matches, is Sandnes Ulf’s hottest selling object .
But the club has not received any bid for the 20-year-old. Nor have any concrete inquiries found their way to Øster Hus Arena.
According to Aftenbladet’s knowledge, clubs such as Hammarby, Elfsborg, Lillestrøm and Brann have shown interest. But Brann, according to Aftenbladet’s understanding, should have gone ahead with other candidates.
Viking has never discussed Hiim and is not among the clubs considering the youngster.
Extended in March
Hammerby wants to buy Vikings Shayne Pattynama and has been in dialogue with the club about the price.
– There is nothing concrete about any of our players, says general manager Øystein Elvestad to Aftenbladet.
– What is happening around Anders Hiim?
– There is interest from several clubs, I will be surprised if there are no specific requests for him.
Anders Hiim extended with Sandnes Ulf in March and has a contract until 2024. A sale of the left-back would be particularly welcome for a club in financial difficulties.
Elvestad says that the club is planning for a sale this summer. But as Hiim extended his contract this spring, it also means that the price is different now than if he had been on an expiring contract.
No means to reinforce
It can go both ways for the club.
Elvestad says he is in regular dialogue with the player’s agent.
– It may seem that things have slowed down a bit around Hiim?
– People follow along. But it seems as if the clubs are a bit on the fence now.
– Will he be sold this summer?
– If the price is right, he will be.
– What is the starting price?
– I can’t say that. But there is no question of a cheap sale. He is firmly on the new U21 national team, he is our captain and an important player for us, a pillar of the team. We are in a vulnerable table situation (12th place) and are dependent on our best players. His age and the development he has had mean that he should be a hot object for many. But we’ll just have to wait and see.
– How important would a sale of Hiim be for the club?
– Important. But that wouldn’t have given us room to strengthen the squad anyway. There are no funds for that. So Bjarne (Berntsen, coach) has to work with the ones we have. And I think that should be good enough for us to have a good autumn season, says Elvestad.
Long vacation awaits
The transition window in Norway opens on 1 August.
Then another left back, Alexander Stølås, also returns to Øster Hus Arena. The 34-year-old has been loaned to Aalesund, without any sporting upswing for the veteran.
But Sandnes Ulf has saved money on the loan. And now they risk ending the season with three left-backs as the club recently signed a professional contract with Erik Berland – potentially Hiim’s replacement.
Sandnes Ulf meets Ranheim away on Saturday. The team has not won a game since 29 May when the club beat Mjøndalen away.
The team is in 12th place in the 1st division – two places above the qualification place, one point apart.
After Saturday’s game, there is a one-month break in the 1st division.