We are pleased to announce that Eirik Kjønø is taking over as head coach in Jerv and is already leading today’s training and is ready for this weekend’s match against Moss!
– I’m really looking forward to getting started! There has been a little while of uncertainty as to whether it will be or not. But once it happens, it happens fast! I drove down here last night and greeted both the coaching staff and the players today. Now every moment is training. So it will be very nice to go out on a grass mat again to hold a training session. It has been a great loss!, says Kjønø.
– I am very happy to have come here and see what we can achieve here. I am a coach who likes to build over time and who thinks holistically for the whole club. Improve small details and slowly but surely take steps, says Kjønø, who hopes to be able to further develop the project that is underway in Jerv.
Kjønø has been in Grorud for seven years where he has developed a number of players and moved up with Grorud from the 2nd division to the Obosligaen. Kjønø also has experience as head coach in Stabæk and now he is ready for Jerv!
– There were many reasons why it was a good success. It is a club that suits me and my profile well. We can work professionally and in detail over time. I am also happy that it is a small club with closeness between the coaching team and management, which I really appreciate. I have worked with Jon Ole before and know him well. I know what he stands for and not least that it is in the South. Good timing for me and the family to come here, says Kjønø, who has now signed a 3.5-year agreement with the club.
– If there are fans who have questions, I will of course answer them. I will live in Grimstad and look forward to continuing here in Jerv, says Kjønø in conclusion.
Sure of the choice
– We are very sure that we have chosen the right one for us. Kjønø is very strong in football and he has gained a lot of good experience even though he is young. A very nice guy who we feel matches well with Jerv and who we feel will fit in well with the way we have it in Jerv, says chairman of Jerv Øyvind Johannesen.
– Kjønø comes with a strong professional background and has the experience of developing players and teams that have become very good. Kjønø has also been named young coach of the year for a couple of years. He has made a very good impression on us and we are really looking forward to it. This will be good!, says Johannesen in conclusion and who is looking forward to the continuation!